- This event has passed.
CSIRO Conversations: Understanding the Quantum opportunity for Australia
February 7 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Australia has established world-class quantum research capabilities and expertise over two decades via sustained research investment. We are now witnessing a growing number of quantum technology related businesses pursuing research and commercialisation efforts in Australia.
Join us for an exclusive event with Australia’s Chief Scientist and CSIRO experts to discuss the potential of quantum technologies for our nation.
Quantum physics has enabled transformational new technologies like laser, silicon chips in computers, and magnetic resonance imaging. Now, with science and engineering advancing unabated, we have the ability to isolate, manipulate and measure individual quantum particles (such as electrons and photons) with unprecedented control.
Quantum technology is predicted to be a $6 billion industry in Australia by 2045 and has the potential to create thousands of jobs and economic opportunities for the nation.
The event will bring together experts to demystify what quantum is for leaders across government and business, where they will discuss:
- An overview of the quantum opportunity for Australia
- What quantum is, drivers for adoption and how we can start to build a quantum economy
- Australian innovation in this space, highlighting CSIRO research and insights from across the ecosystem
- Ways science and industry can come together to accelerate the commercialisation of quantum technologies and innovation in Australia
Meet the panel:
- Dr Cathy Foley, Australia’s Chief Scientist
- Professor Elanor Huntington, Executive Director, CSIRO
- Professor Jim Rabeau, Quantum Future Science Platform Leader, CSIRO