Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) facilitates research placements for undergraduate students across research organisations, industry and universities in Victoria.
With UROP, students undertake a project as part of a research laboratory, are supervised by a research scientist and work alongside other research staff and students in the team. Students gain an insight into biomedical research careers and valuable hands-on experience and expertise in laboratory techniques.
The program also enhances the biomedical research industry’s workforce capability by attracting high performing students, building the skills needed for a career in research.
Research positions available through UROP can be either laboratory based in the biomedical sciences, or research projects for computational science, engineering and mathematics students, among others.
As a UROP supervisor, you will:
- have access to exceptional and highly capable undergraduate students
- host a custom-matched student who best fits with your research project and team
- support workforce development with many UROP alumni pursuing research careers in industry or academia via pathways such as Honours, Masters and PhDs
- connect and collaborate within the UROP community.
Applications for students and supervisors;
- Round 2 – opens 25 July and closes 12 August 2022.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.