- This event has passed.
12 May 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Welcome to another edition of CSIRO Says.
This month we’re hitting the waves, with all our presentations coming live from the RV Investigator. There are a few (easy) steps to follow to join the webcast, see below. Please join us to hear about the following.
Computing and Data Support on RV Investigator: Collect all the Data
- Brief introduction to RV Investigator and how it’s supported at sea
- A Day in the Life of DAP
- Highlights of seagoing life
Sustained monitoring of the East Australian Current at 27S: Tracking our changing ocean
- Context: What is the East Australian Current (EAC), and why you should care
- Monitoring the EAC at 27S using a deep mooring array: how we do it
- Results: what have we learned and where are we going?
Francisco Navidad & Bernadette Heaney
Seabed Mapping: A practical overview of sound under the sea
- Scientific Echosounder overview onboard the RV Investigator for measurement of underwater physical and biological components
- A live demonstration of a RapidCast sound velocity profiler and its application
- Overview of data acquisition, processing and seabed products for public use
Please join through this URL
If you are CSIRO staff, please sign in as an ‘existing user’
If you are an alumni member, please sign in as a guest.