- This event has passed.
Ending Plastic Waste Symposium
May 23 - May 24
Registration is now open for the Ending Plastic Waste Symposium.
Join us for a two-day, face-to-face event to foster discussion, networks and solutions to reduce plastic waste.
Plastic pollution is a growing issue. In Australia, 84 per cent of plastic used is sent to landfill and only 13 per cent is recycled. It’s expected our plastic use will double by 2040. This is unsustainable.
We’ll be bringing together leaders across research, industry and government as we explore cutting edge science and technology to help end plastic waste.
Over the two days there will be engaging panel sessions, workshops, interactive sessions and networking opportunities to address:
- The extent of the plastic waste problem
- The latest research and technology
- Circular economy and recycling initiatives
- Bio-derived and compostable plastic innovations
- Global initiatives for real world impact
- Building collaboration and partnerships
The symposium is being held as part of CSIRO’s Ending Plastic Waste (EPW) Mission, which has a goal of an 80 per cent reduction in plastic waste entering the Australian environment by 2030. To achieve this, we need a co-ordinated response across a range of sectors to revolutionise the way we make, use, recycle and dispose of plastic.
Check out our program where you’ll hear from experts across the research, industry and government sectors, including CSIRO Chief Executive Larry Marshall.
There will be a focus across the entire plastic supply chain, including advances in plastic design and materials, information for decision-making, and behaviour change. Key sessions include:
- Collaboration and innovation: working together to address Australia’s plastic waste challenges
- Achieving a circular economy for plastic
- Knowledge and data system initiatives – enabling change
- Future industry pathways for managing plastic waste
- The future of plastics innovation in the Indo-Pacific
- Continuing our collaborative journey – next steps on the path to Ending Plastic Waste
We will also be hosting a Symposium dinner on the evening of day one.
Places are strictly limited so register today!
Together, we can reduce plastic waste and turn it into a resource. We look forward to seeing you in May.