- This event has passed.
French-Australian Hydrogen workshop “Filling the gaps”
22 September 2021 - 23 September 2021
This workshop will provide Australian and French stakeholders in the Hydrogen sector a forum to share, discuss and anticipate research and development pertinent to Hydrogen deployment across our two nations. It will present national hydrogen deployment strategies, as well as their adaptation and implementation at the stakeholder level. French and Australian ecosystems, as well as practices for innovation and technology transfer will be discussed. Finally, this workshop should make it possible to explore emerging technologies that can address the major challenges identified in this sector, and to promote collaborations between France and Australia or between academia and industry, identifying areas where joint activities would provide opportunities.
It will be the first of a series of more focused workshops to be held in 2022-2023.
Session 1: OPENING AND CONTEXT
22 September 3.45pm-6pm AEST / 7h45-10h CEST
- Opening statements: H.E Mr Jean-Pierre Thebault and H.E Ms Gillian Bird
- Global vision: Dr Alan Finkel
- Presentation of French and Australian National Strategies: Mr Christophe Kassiotis and Mr James Hetherington
- Panel discussion: Connecting the dots from need assessment to project implementation
- Register for the session 1
Session 2: ACTORS AND PRACTICES
22 September 6pm-7.30pm AEST /10h-11h30 CEST
- General presentation of French and Australian actors in the Hydrogen technologies
- Discussion on research-industry links and the levers to foster hydrogen technology realisation and deployment
- Register for the session 2
Session3 : HOW TO ACHIEVE HYDROGEN EXPORTATION AT 2$/Kg?
Parallel sessions 23 September 4pm-5.30pm AEST / 8h-9h30 CEST
- Welcome and opening: Prof Alan Lau
- Hydrogen production
- Large scale Hydrogen storage and distribution
- Creating Hydrogen demand
- Hydrogen Enablers
- Register for the opening and the session Hydrogen production
session 4 : OPPORTUNITIES AND THE WAY FORWARD
23 September 5.30pm-7pm AEST / 9h30-11h CEST
- Keynote speaker: Prof Kenneth Baldwin
- Wrap-up of the parallel sessions
- Panel discussion:
- The whole Hydrogen value chain: Dr Patrick Hartley and Prof Abdelilah Slaoui
- International collaboration: Ms Celia Wong, Dr Fermin Cuevas, Prof Francois Aguey and Prof Katherine Daniell
- Register for the session 4