November 28 - November 30
From imaging structures to understanding processes
CSIRO would like to invite you to the Deep Earth Imaging Future Science Platform’s biennial subsurface symposium, Sub22 being held from Monday 28 November to Tuesday 29 November 2022 with workshops to follow on Wednesday 30 November 2022 in Adelaide.
The program is complimentary to the geoscience events that take place in the second half of the week among them the Geological Survey of South Australia’s Discovery Day.
The symposium is centred on how best to overcome the shared obstacles encountered on the journey from imaging structures to predicting processes. It will deliver a diverse program of workshops, presentations, panel discussions, informal roundtables and networking opportunities providing attendees with the opportunities to contribute and gain interdisciplinary insights into a wide range of scientific concepts.
Although still being actively refined, the program is likely to include the following sessions:
- New sources of information about the subsurface
- Regional Water Resource assessments: opportunities and challenges
- What can we learn from the conceptualisation challenges in groundwater?
- Multidisciplinary investigations of the deep and not so deep earth
- Understanding the Deep Earth through transects
- Dynamics of sedimentary basins
- Natural Hydrogen
With two topical workshops being planned around:
- CoFI – A common framework for inference
- The Application of Rock Physics in Energy, Minerals and Groundwater Domains