Network with our Researchers
Clayton, 12 Sept 2019
The inaugural state networking event of Postdocs was held at Clayton. This event was set up to encourage interaction between our researchers and alumni members.
Our Manufacturing Director, Keith McLean, opened the event and spoke about his own experiences as a Postdoc and his career through CSIRO.
A panel of our alumni spoke about their career journeys and gave advice and recommendations to the Postdoc researchers in the audience. We really appreciate them taking the time to share their knowledge and experience and would like to thank them:
- Professor Frank Caruso, Deputy Director of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Convergent Bio-Nano Science and Technology, Professor and an NHMRC Senior Principal Research Fellow in the Department of Chemical Engineering at The University of Melbourne
- Charlotte Conn, Associate Professor at RMIT University
- Jacek Jasieniak, Director of the Monash Energy Materials and Systems Institute (MEMSI)
- Annabella Newton, Patent Attorney, Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick
- Dr Joseph Ha, Systems Modeller at Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
There was a lively Q&A session, followed by networking drinks giving alumni and Post Docs the opportunity to talk further about careers in research.
We have had great feedback about this event and hope to run similar events in other CSIRO locations across Australia.